What to Pack in Your Carry-On
There are a lot of theories on how to pack the perfect carry-on—what you need, what you don’t need – not to mention, many products that claim to solve your packing headache and make traveling more convenient. For over three decades, we have gained expertise not only on traveling in the Alps but what to pack in your carry-on.
The purpose of this list is to provide an all-purpose, carry-on packing list that any of our tours guests can use. As an Alpenwild guest, the most important things to remember is to put your train tickets (we will mail them to you before your tour) in your carry-on. We’ve had people put the tickets in their checked bags and in some cases, their bags have got lost in transit. Make sure to keep all the essentials in your carry-on in case the worst happens and you lose your checked bags. You can customize the list to fit your needs and add anything to feel confident and comfortable when you travel. Alpenwild travelers, here is a list of items to include in your carry-on:
- Rain jacket
- Lightweight fleece sweater or fleece vest
- An extra set of extra clothes
- Train ticket(s)
- Debit Card/Credit Cards/Cash
- 1 water bottle – emptied out for when you go through security
- Sun glasses
- Personal toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, lip balm
- Alpenwild luggage tags that we mail to you before your trip– these are necessary if you’re on guided tour for bag transports
- Camera, iPad, laptop and/or Kindle
- 1 pair lightweight gloves
- Smartphone and charger
- Alpenwild instructions and/or maps
- Travel wipes to keep you plane seat and hands clean
- Small pillow to rest your head on to sleep
Another thing to remember is to keep everything organized. A great way to do this is by including similar items in plastic bags. You need a good carry-on bag that will fit everything you need and one that has several accessible pockets and places to stow things will help with being able to get things you need without rummaging through the whole bag.
Why suffer through your long flight or train ride chilly, hungry, thirsty, bored, etc. when your carry-on could be the answer? Picking a few favorite products that you consistently travel with and with the essentials can definitely upgrade your traveling experience. They’ve certainly made our travels more convenient and enjoyable.
There you have it! Is this list helpful? Do you include anything in your carry-on that we didn’t mention above? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!